The Opportunity Zone program, a new incentive investment program built into the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, provides significant tax and economic benefits for investors, real estate developers and fund sponsors through “qualified opportunity funds” (QOFs) in targeted communities. Investing through Opportunity Funds provides developers and investors with tax advantaged investment opportunities designed to spur local economic development.
Join us March 20th at the Boston Marriott Newton for thought leadership and a lively discussion on the new Opportunity Zone regulations from a panel of professionals from an investor, tax, legal and fund sponsor prospective. Learn about key accounting, legal, tax and transaction structuring issues. You will also be able to network and create relationships with some local and national industry leaders in this space.
We will provide an overview of the incentive, tax benefits, definitions of key terms, technical income tax aspects, an explanation of opportunity zones, qualified opportunity funds and qualified opportunity zone property. Learn more about risks and opportunities involved in Opportunity Zone investing, which may include:
• Social Impact Investing
• Treasury’s first tranche of proposed regulations
• Comments on updated Treasury guidance (if released)
• Taxable gain deferral and exclusion benefits
• Value and magnitude of the tax benefits
• Taxpayers and gains eligible for deferral
• The five-, seven- and 10-year hold basis step-ups
• Requirements for qualified opportunity funds
• Treatment of mixed funds investments in qualified opportunity funds
• Statutory requirements for qualified opportunity zone property